Last Updated on January 21, 2022
Blue Cheese Burger Recipe With Cole Slaw
Rich, robust, hearty blue cheese burgers pair up with an autumnal slaw made with shredded saffron scented kohlrabi, garlic, lemon and mayonnaise.
Who doesn’t love a good hamburger? But this recipe is not only quick and easy, it’s seriously delicious.
This is something you can either cook in a pan indoors, or use a BBQ grill for even more added flavor, my favorite way to cook these up.
And if you’re looking for ways to make pork burgers, try our Asian inspired pork burger recipe here.
Blue Cheese Burger Recipe
- Heavy skillet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Minced Shallot
- Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper – freshly ground
- 1 tsp Dried Mustard
- pinch Saffron
- Juice and zest the lemon.
- Trim, peel and mince 1 garlic clove and the shallot.
- Rinse, dry and pick leaves from the parsley to equal 1/4 cup. Mince and reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 tsp minced garlic, minced shallot, chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp dried mustard and a pinch saffron.
- Peel, trim and shred the kohlrabi using a hand grater or food processor. Transfer to a strainer, add 1 Tbsp salt, toss well and let drain for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry and add to the mixing bowl, toss well with the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a bowl. Season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and mix well. Form 4 patties.
- Cut the buns in half and spread each half with some butter.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until smoking hot. Add burger patties, cook 4-5 minutes per side. Add blue cheese on top of burgers, cover and cook to melt cheese about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Add buns, cut side down to the skillet and toast 1 minute and remove. Place burgers on buns. Give the slaw a final toss. Bring everything to the table.